We’ve had a few clients that have contacted us to ask us how to pay their PAYE online. So we thought it would be a great idea to walk you through the process step-by-step!
1. Simply Type HMRC into google. Click the first link that appears (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs)
2. Click the ‘Paying HMRC’ option at the top of the page.
3. You will then be directed to a list of options. Scroll down the list to the ‘PAYE’ section and click on ‘Pay employers’ PAYE’.
4. When directed to the next page, you must then click ‘By debit or corporate credit card online’.
5. You will then be taken to a page which gives you instructions on how to pay online. Once you have read the information and have got your Accounts Office reference ready to type in, click the ‘pay online’ hyperlink.
6. You will then be directed to a payment page where you must enter your Accounts Office reference and the amount you need to pay. You will need to select the correct month or quarter that you are paying.
If you select the wrong month, HMRC will allocate your payment incorrectly and you may end up with a penalty even though you’ve paid.
Follow the subsequent instructions to complete payment.
Please note that you cannot pay your PAYE at the Post Office anymore. You can also only use business credit cards. Personal credit cards will not be accepted.